CANbridge cultivates a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We offer competitive compensation packages and unparalleled career development opportunities. If you are interested in becoming a member of CANbridge, please send your resume to email@example.com.
CANbridge Pharmaceuticals Inc. is hiring a Director/Senior Director, Alliance Management to be based in the Cambridge, MA location. CANbridge Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a China-focused biopharmaceutical company accelerating development and commercialization of specialty healthcare products for orphan diseases, focusing on products that are unavailable or address medical needs that are underserved in the region. If you are passionate about ensuring that underserved patients have access to life changing medicines globally, you will fit well with the collaborative and highly motivated team at CANbridge!
CANbridge is growing its US based team significantly and is looking to hire top talent.
We are currently seeking a Director/Senior Director, Alliance Management to join our Business Development team. In this role, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Head of Business Development, you will be a key interface between CANbridge and its partners to help realize the full potential of each alliance.
The ideal candidate is an experienced alliance management professional with a broad scientific background (experience in gene therapy is a plus) and strong business acumen, along with substantial experience managing alliances with industry and academic partners.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- A Lead the launch of new alliances and manage existing partnerships.
- Ensure proactive, organized and effective communication and governance. Coordinate across both organizations to ensure there is a common understanding of expectations, operating principles, goals and performance metrics of each alliance.
- Proactively engage with partners to anticipate risks and needs and to solve any issues that may occur.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of each contract as well as any associated or related contracts. Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables to ensure alliances stay on track.
- Coordinate external communication plans and execution to ensure critical information is shared in a timely manner and to enable each party to effectively communicate with third parties.
- Contribute to the review of contracts during the negotiation phase to ensure the alliance is structured for success.
- Partner with BD and legal on alliance renegotiations and terminations as necessary.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical (or related) field required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of overall experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry in a related discipline including 2-3 years at a senior/management level.
- Direct alliance management experience (3 or more years) in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the drug development process.
- Proven ability to understand contracts and develop and manage partnerships.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individual with a detailed approach and strong follow up.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with team members at all levels and cross-cultural exposure.
- Able to flex work schedules to collaborate with colleagues globally.
- Some travel, including internationally, will be required.
In addition, if you possess the following characteristics, you will fit well with the team at CANbridge:
- A bias toward action combined with high ethical standards.
- A self starter combined with a high energy level.
- Self Confidence combined with humility in your approach.
- Compassion and passion for patients.
- This role may require some travel domestically and/or internationally.
CANbridge has been widely recognized as a leader in orphan diseases in China where the organization has grown rapidly over the last 8 years. The company has strong global partnerships, such as the one with WuXi Biologics, whose goal is to develop and commercialize proprietary therapeutics for the treatment of rare genetic diseases. In addition, CANbridge has an exclusive licensing agreement to commercialize Hunterase™, an enzyme replacement therapy for the treatment of Hunter syndrome, developed by GC Pharma and marketed in more than ten countries worldwide.
CANbridge also has an oncology portfolio, which includes exclusive rights to develop and commercialize Puma Biotechnology’s NERLYNX® (neratinib), approved in the US, and rights to other novel candidates.
CANbridge offers a competitive medical, dental, prescription plan, short and long term disability, company paid life insurance, generous time off policies and a commuter benefit.
To join our team, please apply: